Located near Port Antonio, Jamaica, Belmont Villa is a magical place and quite possibly one of the most beautiful spots in the world. The villa was built in 1962, during the jet-setting days of the rich and famous, by The Honourable Hartland de Montarville Molson, a Canadian Senator and member of the prominent Molson family of brewers, and his wife Magda. They named the house Belmont, after the family’s mansion in Montreal, and used it as their winter retreat for many years. After the Senator’s death in 2002, the house was sold to a local family from Kingston, which kept it largely unchanged and enjoyed it for over a decade. The current owners acquired Belmont in 2013, fully gut-renovated it in 2016 and transformed it into a modern and luxurious villa with a wonderful and rich history.
Belmont is situated on Alligator Head, a rocky peninsula that overlooks idyllic San San Bay and Pellew Island (aka Monkey Island) to the east, and the rough cliffs of Jamaica’s north shore to the west. Depending on the time of the year, it is possible to see the sun either rise or set over the Caribbean Sea from the same spot. Sitting on 1.8 acres (7,400 m2) of lush vegetation and tropical gardens, Belmont Villa enjoys peaceful tranquility and utmost privacy, which make it the ideal getaway for a romantic retreat or simply a relaxed family vacation.
The property features expansive gardens and lawns, a large patio shaded by two almond trees (which perfectly hold two hammocks between their branches), a refreshing salt water pool and a romantic gazebo, all with magical views over San San Bay and Monkey Island, one of Jamaica’s most iconic natural sights. The Island, which sits on one end of a coral reef that protects the calm waters of San San Bay, was famously immortalized on a 1950ies Jamaica Tourist Board poster.
Belmont Villa has fully renovated interiors: a spectacular living room, featuring comfortable leather couches and offering sea views to the east and to the west. A kitchen that comes fully equipped with modern appliances and an expansive center island that opens up to the spacious dining room, which features a large teak dining table that sits ten guests. All four bedrooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with showers and each opens up to a private or shared deck. There are king sized beds in three of the bedrooms, and two full/double sized beds in the fourth bedroom. Wi-Fi internet works reasonably well most of the time – though high speed data streaming is not always reliable. There is no landline phone, no television or any other kind of screens… believe us, this place doesn’t need it.
The villa comes fully staffed with a caretaker, a housekeeper and a gardener, all of whom have worked at Belmont for many years and will welcome you with true Jamaican hospitality. A wonderful chef, who can spoil you equally with delightful local delicacies or international favorites, is available upon request. A driver can also be arranged.
• Bedroom 1: king size bed, en-suite bathroom and shower, private deck, air conditioning, ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: two full/double size beds, en-suite bathroom and shower, private deck, air conditioning, ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: king size bed, en-suite bathroom and shower, shared deck, air conditioning, ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: king size bed, en-suite bathroom and shower, shared deck, air conditioning, ceiling fan
• Open kitchen fully equipped with modern appliances
• Large family room
• Large dining room, table seats 10
• Wi-Fi internet access
• Washer & dryer
• There is no landline phone, television or any other screens
• Salt water pool
• Wooden deck
• Extensive outdoor furniture with various long chairs
• Large and small outdoor dining tables (seat 8 and 5, respectively)
• Snorkeling equipment
Staff & services
• Full staff: caretaker, housekeeper, gardener
• Overnight security guard
• Chef upon request at additional cost
• Driver upon request at additional cost
- ASDL Internet Connection
- Computer terminal
- Three (3) spacious, air conditioned bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- A full compliment of staff, including a housekeeper, cook, butler, laundress, gardener, and night security
- A beautiful salt water swimming pool
- 1 acre of well manicured lawn perfect for hosing weddings
- Telephone and cable television
- Snorkeling equipment and kayak, great for trips to Pelleu Island
- Access to San San Beach Club
Summer Rates (April 15 – December 14)
$1,000 per night
Winter Rates (December 15 – April 14)
Christmas/New Years Rates (December 23 – January 6)
* All prices are per night and quoted in US dollars
-hammock” width=”150″ height=”150″ />